Saturday, June 15, 2013

Pizza Cravings

Lately I have started putting more effort into eating better and less processed foods. In doing so I have come across tons of awesome (and delicious) ideas and recipes! Pizza is delicious - I love anything with melted cheese - but all the dough is not helping. I saw this idea on Pinterest and couldn't help but try it!

You begin by preheating oven to 400*F. Wash and dry portobello mushroom caps and removing their steams. (Note: wash them about a day or a few hours before so they have time to fully dry, I washed mine right before making them and they ended up more watery then I preferred . I have also tried scraping out the fuzzy under-side and there was much less liquid after, but both ways were delicious, it just depends on how much prep time you have. Next put mushroom caps on a lined baking pan with a lip (this will catch the liquid and juices that come out while cooking).



I topped with a light layer of pasta sauce, part skim mozzarella  and olives. I have also made these with spinach, crushed tomatoes and olives, and they were wonderful! That is what's great about these, you can customize them depending on each persons individual taste!



Then bake in oven on middle rack for 20-25 mins, or till the cheese is melted and browning.


I paired mine with a salad and whole grain rice; it was a vegetarian dinner that was so delicious and filling, and really quenched my pizza craving! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment