Sunday, October 4, 2015

Zucchini Noodle Pasta

I love pasta, so while on the Whole 30 I've been looking for pasta alternatives and finally got on the band wagon and tried zucchini noodles - and they are delicious!

I've always relied on spaghetti squash as my pasta alternative so this is a great change of pace and actually a thicker noodle depending on what spiralizer you use.

Start by washing the zucchini and spiralizing it, I'm using a Veggiti - it's hand held, easy to use and was only about $10 on Amazon - but any spiralizer would work.



Spread out the noodles on a baking sheet lined with papertowles and bake at 250 F for about 40 mins.



This doesn't really cook the noodles just helps them dry out so they are less soggy when you do cook them but in a time crunch this step can be skipped or shortened.

Then transfer noodels to saute pan and cook on medium with a splash of olive oil and seasoning until tender



Pair this with ground turkey and marinara sauce like I did here and you have a great italian meal without the pasta guilt!


This pairing counts as 1 green, and 1 Red if doing the 21 Day Fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment