Friday, July 26, 2013

Overnight Oats

My mornings are always rushed between getting ready and packing my meals for the day, so a quick breakfast I can prep the night before makes a world of difference! While searching around on Instagram I came across a page for @sammybfit, which lead me to her amazing blog with hundreds of recipes. Her recipe for overnight oats can be found here, which is what I used as a base and modified to fit my taste.



Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Oats
1/4 Cup Almond Milk
1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
1 Tbs Flax Meal
1/2 Tsp Honey
3 Drops Liquid Stevia
1/2-1 Cup Fruit of Choice (I used 1/2 a Nectarine)

1 Mason Jar


Begin by mixing all ingredients  except fruit, together in a small bowl. Layer sliced fruit on bottom of mason jar.



Then add half the oatmeal mixture, a second layer of fruit, followed by the remaining oatmeal mixture, then finish with a few fruit pieces.



Cap the mason jar and put in the fridge over night. The next morning top with granola (check out my homemade granola recipe) or more honey and enjoy! This is a great summer alternative to the typical hot breakfast oatmeal.


Enjoy!
"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days" 
Psalm 90:14 




No comments:

Post a Comment