Friday, September 25, 2015

Whole 30 - Mashed Cauliflower with Mushroom Chicken

Through my Whole 30 journey I have eaten a lot (and I mean a lot) of salads. And that's fine, I don't mind it but when I find something equally as healthy that tastes like a cheat meal - look out!

This is one of those recipes and I must say, it will likely be a weekly occurrence in my house now!

Mashed Cauliflower with Sauteed Chicken and Mushrooms



Ingredients:

1 Head of Cauliflower
1/4 C Cashew Milk (or other preferred milk/cream)
1 Chicken Breast
3/4 C Diced Mushrooms (Fresh/Frozen/Canned)
2 Tsps Olive Oil (or Avocado Oil)
Garlic Seasoning
Salt (if desired)

Start with cooking the cauliflower. I did this the night before and kept it in the fridge, or you can do this whole process at once. Trim off leaves and steam and steam or boil the whole head, or large chunks, until for tender. I steamed mine and it took about 15 mins.

Add the cooked cauliflower to a food processor along with the cashew milk, granulated garlic, herbs, and salt. Blend until smooth paste. You will need to push sides down a few times and taste once blended to get the ratio of spices to your liking.

If you didn't use hot cauliflower transfer the mixture to a small sauce pan and heat on stove while chicken cooks.

For the chicken, I filleted the breast to be thinner and cook faster, I froze the thinner of the two halves and only used one but you can adjust this recipe to fit your family, or even to have leftovers after. Next, slice into chunks and season to your liking. I added this to a small skillet with only a touch of water in the pan and grilled on both sides while covered until nearly done. Then add the mushrooms - mine were pre cooked so only needed to be reheated, if you're using fresh add them when you filp the chicken the first time. Add the olive oil now and garlic seasoning to taste. Cover and let simmer for another 1-2 minutes so everything soaks up the flavors and juices.

Plate the mushroom chicken mixture over  a green portion of the mashed cauliflower and dinner is served. This is a quick and easy meal that I can assure you the whole family will love - and won't even know its Whole 30 approved!



I'm also doing this program on the 21 Day Fix, this follows the containers portion to be 1 Green - Mashed Cauliflower, .5 Green - Mushrooms, 1 Red - Chicken, .33 Yellow - cashew milk, 2 Tsps - olive oil - Delicious and so filling!

I hope you try this recipe out yourself and let me know how you liked it or altered it to fit your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment