Friday, September 25, 2015

Chicken Fried "Rice"




I am currently following the Whole 30 eating plan, along with the 21 Day Fix container guidelines. These two programs work together well because all Whole 30 foods are approved on the 21 Day Fix, it just helps with my portion control - which I struggled my first round of the Whole 30 about six months ago!

Today's recipe is super simple - and delicious! I love Chinese food, so I knew I needed a way to incorporate it into my plan! and I must say it turned out great!

Ingredients:
1 3/4 Green Container of Riced Cauliflower (make your own or buy frozen from Trader Joe's!) 
1/4  Green Container of Chopped Carrots 
2 Eggs Scrambled 
1 Red Container️ of Chicken 
1-2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos (or Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce) 
1 Tsp Avocado Oil








Start by cooking the chicken ahead of time and chop into bite size pieces (this makes great use of leftover chicken from a previous meal!) 





Next chop carrots and begin cooking in large pan, add "rice" and 1 teaspoon avocado oil, saute until almost done. Now add chicken and egg to the pan and mix well then add coconut aminos to taste! Voila - dinner is served!





The container measurements above were for 2 servings, each serving counts as 1 Red (protein) and 1 Green (vegetables). If you wanted you could sub the Cauliflower rice for brown rice also!

I hope you try this recipe and please let me know your thoughts or how you altered it to fit your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment