Thursday, November 5, 2015

Halloween Happiness: Pumpkin Picking

Fall hasn't come yet to Southern California, but that didn't stop us from embracing Fall traditions, one of my favorite being visiting a pumpkin patch.




Tanaka Farms didn't disappoint - there were rows of pumpkins as far as you could see, a cute corn maze, and fun crafts and games for kiddos.



Admission is $2 to get into the pumpkin patch area, I feel this is worth it. The pumpkins are decently prices (by weight) and there are a lot of fun activities and photo-opps once inside.



We spent only a few hours here, mainly because it was over 100 degrees, but it was just what I needed to get myself into the Fall mood to kick off pumpkin season! Oh how I wish I was cozy in boots and a sweater while picking my pumpkins.



They also have a gift shop area with fresh pumpkin breads, and cookies, as well as home decor and carving kits.



Later, on Halloween we carved up our pumpkins and I even roasted the seeds, something I've always wanted to do but never got around to doing in the past and I can honestly say it will be a new Halloween tradition.




Its amazing when it works out that a fun Holiday like Halloween falls on a weekend and you have all day to enjoy it and create new traditions and spend time with family.



From mine to yours I hope you had a very Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment